Saturday, December 18, 2010

Movie Reviews! YAY!

Has it really been almost two months since my last post? I'm sorry, ya'll, I hope this makes up for it. Anyway, I'm not going to pick up where I left off this time, but Mom had a better idea and I thought I'd give it a shot. Movie Review Time!
Ok so, first of all, last week I took little sis K. to see Tangled for her early Christmas present. She loved it, and I thought it was pretty good for a princess-y movie. Anyone who knows me will know that I'm not a princess-movie-watching kind of person, but it was really funny and didn't have a lot of the mushy-gushy stuff. So all in all, it was a really great movie, but most little boys won't be interested (duh), the girls however, will love it. Most will probably be swooning over the charming Flynn Rider and admiring Rapunzel's pink dresses and ultra-long tresses! (LOL) It's a great addition to the Disney franchise (better than most of the junk Disney puts out nowadays).
Then this afternoon Mom and I were able to go to the movie theaters and see The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader (in 3D no less! and thanks to Mimi for funding). Let me just say... IT WAS FANTASTIC!!! WOOOOO!!! I absolutely loved every minute! Dawn Treader was action-packed and sprinkled with funnies, but can be a little scary at times, so I wouldn't recommend it for little kids (the CG was very, very good). Also, I really liked that 1. the movie stayed true to the book, it really bugs me when they add some "Hollywood". And 2. there was a strong Christian influence, which I love. One more thing: to be able to understand this movie, you have to at least be familiar with the origional books or the first two movies.
Ok, ya'll, time for me to shut it down, bedtime. Thanks for enduring another too-long post and I'll blog again soon (hopefully).
Luv ya and later days!
EM

1 comment:

  1. Nice post :). I enjoyed both movies, though they were very different. I agree that familiarity with the Narnia books/movies would be helpful to anyone seeing Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Thanks for taking your ol' Mom to the movies!

    ReplyDelete