Monday, July 26, 2010

What a week!

...and I repeat; WHAT A WEEK!!! I'm completely worn out. Let me give ya'll a bit of an outline of what we've been doing, this is going to take a while:
I think it was the 16th we left to go visit family in the upstate (we had some partyin' to do for my cousin's b-day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, B.!). That was a Friday, right? I think so. Anyway...
Mom and Dad left on Saturday to go back home and us kids got to stay for a few days. Dad was chaplain-ing for the music camp close by(around 20 children ended up making professions of faith, sweet!), and Mom just stayed and cleaned the house, but she did a GREAT JOB!
Let's see, we're up to Sunday, ok. Sunday morning littlest bro M. and I went to our Dad's parents church with them. And it just so happens that our Grandad (hey, G-Dad!) is the pastor there. We had a great time. While we were at Little River Baptist, little sis K. and slightly littler bro N. went with our Mom's parents to their church, Hepsibah Baptist where Papa is not the pastor... :)
For Sunday evening we did the old switcheroo. M. and I went to Hepsibah and K. and N. went to Little River. I GOT TO HOLD THE SWEETEST BABY! ...sorry, I love babies...
Monday we went to Stumphouse Mountain Tunnel. Which is a tunnel that had been carved for a railroad that never got done. I think it was because of community protesting. So now, it's just a really dark, wet, creepy, awesome place to visit. I kept wondering if I would meet Gollum when I got to the end (if you don't know about Gollum, he's this creepy little guy from the Lord of the Rings, and my hero ;)). Of course N. delighted in doing his evil laugh and freaking Mimi out. Afterwards, we went to the Botanical Gardens and I got some great flower pictures!

Tuesday: MOVIES! YAY! Mimi and Papa took M. K. cousin C. and I to see Despicable Me! It was fantastic! It's such a family-oriented movie. If you haven't seen it, GO NOW!!! By the way, hi Peanut! :D (This you see below is a wallpaper, I just got this off the Internet. It's also my background.) Now for Wednesday. First of all, breakfast, then Mimi and I go to get my hair cut. It's quite dramatic, as my Mom put it. Dramatic as in, a whole lot shorter; a good two or three inches. What do you think?
Wednesday was also water day at Nana and G-Dad's. The four of us kids (+ one cousin; hey M!) got to play/soak in the little blow-up pool and bruise ourselves on the slip-n-slide until lunchtime. It was lots of fun, but I was sore for several days afterward. I think I'm getting too old for slip-n-slides... NAH!!! ;D

Thursday Mimi and Papa drove us home. The first thing my mother said when I walked in the door: "Wow, that's... dramatic." Apparently she liked my hair. I didn't get any rest Thursday evening either. I had a babysitting job at the church. I enjoyed it though, especially getting my coffee payment afterwards.
If I was hoping to get any rest on Friday, ha! Keep dreaming! Friday evening we had a youth fundraiser for a mountain trip I'm not even going on... yup. It was called Cafe on the Hill. Our church is called Green Hill, get it? Anyhoo... It was a super- fancy event. Break out the black pants, white shirts, and new shoes, we're waiting tables! Yay!
Friday night was spent at a youth leader's house (girls and boys split up, don't worry) and I of course slept on the floor. Thank goodness it wasn't hard wood.
Saturday we all got up after only a few hours sleep and washed cars for another fundraiser. Got home and slept a good 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until almost supper. Man, that was a great nap.
Yesterday and (most of) today were pretty uneventfull. Maybe later I'll tell you what I meant by "most of", but not now. I need to quit wasting you're time. Goodnight all!
EM

4 comments:

  1. Love your summary of the week's activities :). I especially love seeing all the pics! They were...dramatic :D. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great recap. You don't blog often but you pack a lot into it when you do. You sure do have a talent for writing. You're informative and witty and that keeps a readers interest. of course I loved the pictures, too. Do this again soon. Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great update Emily! You brought back a lot of wonderful memories of our week together. Looking forward to another real soon. When I look at the pictures, I can almost hear the laughter and see the great slide that ended with you under the Crape Myrtle tree. That was awesome!
    Nana and I miss you and are looking forward to seeing you real soon. Give everyone our love!

    Love G-Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,trying to respond to post but no luck so i'll try again. great pics and info.brought back good times of last week all over again.maybe this week you can rest some. Give all our love and hope to see you soon.Papa

    ReplyDelete