Monday, June 21, 2010

Vacation Bible School- Day 1

Howdy!
Today was day 1 of VBS! I think I kinda covered that one already... Oh well, moving on.
It was absolutely wonderful! Including workers there were 112 people in all, I think the total number of children was 78. Not huge, but still a great turnout for the first day, and everyone had loads of fun, including me!
I believe I told you in a previous post that I am helping with the music for our VBS. Of course we have the theme song for this year(Saddle Ridge Ranch), but we also have a different song for the kids to learn each day that corresponds (cool word) with that day's lesson.
Today's question was Who Am I? and today's song was appropriately named Who HE Says I Am. Both have LOTS of moving around. Now, can you imagine doing those songs at least ten times a day, from 9 in the morning to 12, five days a week. I can now... and it's only the first day!
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade it for the world, but five or six different classes (and age groups), back to back for 4 hours! Let's just say I'm beat before we're even done, and I pray constantly that the LORD will renew my physical, mental and spiritual strength, and I tell you, He does! It floors me how I seem to forget how tired I am when that new class walks in, and I can smile and laugh and do it all over again! It's totally worth it though, to see the smiles on kids faces, and to hear them say "Hey, Miss Emily!" It's the greatest feeling in the world to know that you've made a positive impact on their lives, and because of the love you've shown them, they may open up their hearts to the LORD and His love.
I can't wait to do it again tomorrow! Yeehaw!
Em
P.S. Sorry grands, no pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the report. Maybe you'll post pictures later. Our prayers are with all the workers and the children. Have another great day! Love, Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update.Keep up the good job this week.Love u.Papa

    ReplyDelete